Thursday, September 07, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Cake and More with Deepti!


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am back with some more fun with the newest stamp club set, Sweet Cravings. I always love combining different stamp sets and in this tutorial I am doing the same. I am always amazed by the beauty of flowers and cakes together. I have tried to combine it together in this card.

Here's the look...


Step 1
 I stamped and fussy cut the cake slice image to create a mask. Then I stamped this image on grey card stock panel in white ink, and also stamped the flowers in white ink after masking the cake.





Step 2
I then did no line coloring of the flowers and the cake using Prisma color pencils.The coloring of the flowers was simply done by making multiple strokes of color on each petal.



Step 3
Once I did the coloring of the cake, I did not like the look that much so I decided to add the cake slice with some dimension. So I stamped, die cut and colored the cake slice on white card stock again using pencils. However this time I blended it with Gamsol.



Step 4
In my next step I stamped some leaves and dots around the floral stamping and colored those with pencils. I also removed the white border around the cake by fussy cutting. Then I die cut this panel and a base panel and layered it all with some dimension. To finish, I stamped the sentiment.






Here are a couple of closeups into the card :)




I have used Sweet Cravings, Floral BlissFrames and Flowers and Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies

 

That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

11 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning! Love your no-line coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely card !!! So elegant and feminine, great job !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stamped and colored with pencil flowers and cake, Dee. Gamsol is so wonderful for blending colors. Wonderful use of your dots too. All your added details made for a really beautiful finished card. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card :) The cake pops out with a highlight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of coloured pencils on dark cardstock, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)